Saturday, October 23, 2010

European Vacation: Day 7

Well, there was in fact a glitch on the website and Krysti and I had no trouble getting to Sperlonga - the nice beach. It was full of families and the waves were huge! The town of Sperlonga is a picturesque little Italian tourist town (Italian tourists, not like in Rome) and barely anyone spoke English. Fortunately with what little broken Italian I knew and the few who knew some English, we got by okay.

Sperlonga: the beachside city on the hill

A lovely day at the beach

I finally purchased wine! I'm very excited for this. Unfortunately, I finished my book, so it looks like I'll be purchasing the next one at the airport.

We leave Rome tomorrow, and I am sad to leave, but I miss the US very much and will be happy to be back, outside of Chris having moved while I was away.

We do, however, leave tomorrow evening for Frankfurt, Germany, so we have time in the morning that we plan ot see the Pantheon, Roman Forum, and a few other things.

No comments: