Thursday, October 21, 2010

European Vacation: Day 1

I know, I know. It's been a while since I've posted and since I've actually been on this trip. Because of the travelling we were doing and due to the fact that I would only be gone for a week and a half, I elected not to bring my laptop and "blogged" each day on paper in order to transfer it later onto a blog post. I'll post another entry with what has become of my life of late, but for now please enjoy my tales of my whirlwind European vacation with a very good high school friend of mine, Krysti.

Day 1 (AM- Chicago):

Somehow I managed to sleep last night. The flight to Chicago went well, I ended up next to a chatty businessman selling organic chicken from Coleman. I'm a little nervous and excited for the next few days. I was reading the Barcelona travel book last night, and got myself too excited. It's going to be soo beautiful!

(AM - en route to Barcelona):

Krysti had to check her carry-on luggage at the gate, but the crew refused to allow her to pick it up after the flight (we had a layover and needed to switch flights in the US). After talking to one of the attendants, he conceded that she could scan her luggage tag at the gate of her next flight. He was very amicable and told her that all beverages were free (ie. beer, wine, liquor) for that flight, for her trouble. Upon arriving at the next gate for our flight to Barcelona, the people at the gate were rude and refused to help us. We finally left her baggage claim sticker with another helpful flight attendant, who replied in the positive after checking with the baggage handlers that her luggage had successfully made it onto the flight.

I get to wear these wacky, attractive TED hose, thanks to my "tour de Fairview" last Fall. I feel so stylish wearing them, but it does make my legs feel oddly nice. More weird, but nice. At least I get to claim an aisle seat for medical reasons (I need to walk around every couple hours)!

No comments: