Sunday, September 25, 2005

outside is inside.

While walking with a friend i've made here last night during a thunderstorm, I realized that the reason that I like rain so much is that it mirrors how I feel most of the time. Thunder and lightning. Not everybody likes it or even can stand it, but there is a select few that look forward to it. Not necessarily beautiful, but refreshing just the same, or at least i like to pretend to think so.
Anyway, while outside, my friend and I were talking and standing in the rain for about a half hour to fourty-five minutes. It was probably the most invigorating experience I've had (except for church) in a while. Why don't people do that more often? stand outside in the rain and talk. I love that feeling. I love the feeling of being outside in the midst of something. or nothing at all. I guess I kindof miss my homegrown country life, or at least that's what I used to have before I moved here. And last night was the closest thing I've had to being in the midst of nature since I moved here. Lets just hope I dont get sick.

No comments: