Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Late Night Revelations

Out late again, seeing and talking to my two "older brothers". We have such great conversations, and it was a nice time to sit back and listen to what has been going on in their lives. We got on an hour long conversation about Dragonball Z, they gave me a couple teasers about what is going to happen beyond what I've seen (sorry Matt!), and we had a nice discussion about why Piccolo is the best character, which I might agree to disagree that the best character is, in fact, Vegeta.
And sometimes my own nerdiness surprises me that I care about these kinds of things. I guess it's better than getting hooked on some lame reality TV show- and I apologize to anyone reading who likes reality TV.
Gotta say though, not all that interesting. I mean, the dramatized ones with a prize at the end- I can understand watching those, like "Biggest Loser" or "America's Next Top Model" or (gasp!) dare I say, "American Idol", even. But ones like "The Hills" -please. Reality TV soap opera.
Again, if that's your thing I apologize. Each individual is more than entitled to their own tastes.
Things I would like to see more on television would maybe be televised, public, glamorized shows that actually help people. Maybe a reality TV charity thing- that maybe builds houses for those affected by the tsunami of '05. At least the characters will be doing something worthwhile while entertaining us fat Americans. Maybe make it a competition- the one with the best project at the end gets a free vacation somewhere and maybe some money. Call it "Project Humanity".
Let's glamorize volunteerism- make those Americans get off their butts for a change.
I suppose some would call me a hypocrite for that statement, though.
Really though, what HAVE I done lately? I'm a little ashamed to say very little. Outside of organizing a nonperishable food drive in my apartment building last fall and donating to the Alzheimer's Association, I really haven't helped anyone but myself in matters not related to school or personal business. This needs to change. I guess if anyone has ideas- please post!

No comments: