Sunday, July 30, 2006

i probably shouldnt be blogging now

here is a wonderful way to start a blog:
I'm tired, sad, and a little depressed.

Unfortunately, this is how I just started it. Matt left today to go home, I realize he lives there but I dont want him to leave me here, and I dont want to go there- I like my job too much.

There is a chance I will have my job through the school year. Not sure how I feel about that yet, but I guess I can make time for it, I've always been pretty good about doing that. With FVEM and research and now a job, who needs sleep anyway? It would be nice to see Matt and do other things once in a while too.

A quote my Dad always said that will always stick with me; "Buck up little soldier" and I'm not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing that I will always remember when he said that to me. I guess it puts a new face on things: you can't change it so stop crying about it.

I've been reading a few of my friends' blogs. They seem to have such sucky lives right now, reading them usually make me happy or take my mind off of current matters, but the ones I've been reading are so depressing- "which job should I quit?", "I am stupid", and "I have no free time" seem to be the main issues right now- and not by just one of my friends- all three of these are in different blogs by my friends. I have these issues too- I think everyone does. Some of them put themselves in these positions, and I can understand why, getting a well-paying good experience job is so rare at this stage in our lives we often have to take a few crappy ones. If one (or two in some cases) good jobs open up and offer positions one would have to be half retarded to not take them, unfortunately this also means retaining a job previously committed to or take both nice jobs offered. This situation has plagued at least four of my friends and I'm baffled. I guess I didn't realize such a situation could be so widespread.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

howdy doody beth! just wanted to say hi! i hope you solve your current issue at hand... the whole job thing can be stressful, but i know you can handle it! youre beeeeth! can't wait for valleyfair!! 13 days!!! w00t. take it easy...