Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Yay for Snow!

It snowed yesterday. While working through the never-ending pile of homework (yes, pile) yesterday evening, a friend IM'ed me on AOL telling me to look outside. Because this person seemed so excited, I actually did get out of my hole in the corner and peered into a white oblivion. And then I opened the curtain.
YES! it snowed!! there is always something magical about the first snowfall. I remember when I was a little kid and watched "Frosty the Snowman" on VHS and wondered if I could make a snowman in the first snow of the season, and if I did, would he come to life?
Well, since there was not enough snow to test this theory, I decided to have a snowball fight, even though there was not much snow. It was the best study break I've taken in a long time. My friends and I frolicked in the snow like a bunch of seven year olds, and it felt damn good.
All of this snow makes me want to go skating, however. Even though I can't go skating now, I know I will be able to over winter break in Hibbing. Also, SWE is planning on going skating soon as well. Too bad there aren't any outdoor rinks close by that I know of. I bet I can find one... I'll just keep looking.

No comments: