Monday, October 10, 2005

Going Home

This weekend, I was picked up by my father following my Friday afternoon chemistry lab. While driving home, we had long conversation which was greatly overdue and appreciated by myself. He mentioned that I was the first Kiesel from his side of the family to go to a four year university directly after high school. I was astounded at first, I've never realized this fact, I have always taken it for granted that I would never be the 'first' to accomplish anything, I have so many cousins. Especially something this important.
I finally got home on Friday and hugged mom. About an hour later, I was bored to shreds. I've been so used to doing things nonstop that I live at 100mph now. This is so different from before when I could stare at the wall for an entire day and feel as if I could do it again the next.
Saturday night, after being spoiled by my parents, I went to see a movie with a few of my friends. I drove to my friend's house, which in itself was an enjoyable experience, considering I haven't driven in a month or so. I miss my car.
From my friend's house we took off to Virginia and saw the movie (I will never miss those forsaken uncomfortable seats) and afterwards, I decided to lean out the window of the car and scream at other cars. I guess I'm still snapped.
Realizing my hyper state and what it takes to calm me down, my friend suggested a ride. We ended up at the lake near his house, with no lights for miles. I saw ... stars! The milky way even! I couldn't believe it, I memorized the image and now I think of it when I am sad, which is all too often lately.
Afterwards we took a drive to wal-mart: the hang out spot of everyone in Hibbing. I'm not sure I miss that place either. We did set off an entire rack of Barbie guitars, which was slightly amusing. After, I found Trav's new apartment and kitten.
Sunday I came back here to a life of chaos, but at least I had a well-deserved break from it all, and I look forward to the next.

No comments: